The best time to visit New Smyrna Beach is pretty much anytime of the year. No matter what time of the year you decide to visit this area of Florida there are things to do. It’s all a matter of knowing what there is to do during that time of the year.
During the summer most people spend their time at the beach when they visit New Smyrna Beach. In the winter the weather is cooler and more pleasant, which gives you a chance to enjoy doing some other activities. Plus, the days are shorter with it getting dark earlier, which will mean less beach time.
Here are 5 things to do when visiting New Smyrna Beach in the winter:
- Hang out on Flagler Ave. This is one of the neatest streets to visit in the area. You can spend a few hours just strolling around Flagler Ave, dining, and visiting the little shops in the area.
- Stop by Canal Street. Another street like Flagler, this one has some fun things to do or you can grab a meal. Stop in The Hub and see what kind of classes are going on. You can take classes like yoga, painting, or jewelry making, among many others.
- Go kayaking. Visit the Marine Discovery Center where you can rent kayaks or take a guided kayak tour. While there you can check out the touch tank and learn about sea animals. Marine Discovery Center also offers boat tours. These will give you a chance to see some dolphin.
- Visit a shell mound. Just minutes away you can visit Canaveral National Seashore, where you can take a short walk over a Native American shell mound. You can also take a short hike at this park, visit a pristine beach, and learn some history.
- Check out the boardwalk. Take a nice walk at Smyrna Dunes Park. The park has a 2-mile elevated boardwalk trail that will take you through the dunes. There are always gopher tortoises you can spot, and there are picnic tables along the way that offer ocean views. Pack a lunch or snack and sit and enjoy the view.
Keep in mind that you can still go to the beach and should. The temperature may still be cooler, but it’s still a great time even in the winter. You can take a walk, hang out and relax, and if you are brave enough to get into the cooler water you can take a swim or boogie board. But if you want to venture a little away from the beach and check out the other things there are to do in the area you won’t be disappointed!
Top your trip to New Smyrna Beach off by staying in our condo. We are steps from a no drive area of the beach, and the condo has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, giving you plenty of room to relax. Plus, we stock the condo with the things you need, such as beach chairs and extra towels, and we are located minutes from all of the fun activities listed above.