Millions of people visit Florida every year. It’s one of the top destinations in the country, and for good reason. Florida vacations offer a great mix of opportunities, with something for everyone. We have nature activities, theme parks, paved bike trails, festivals, water activities, and more. Once you have your vacation planned, it’s time to figure out what you need to pack in your suitcase.
Here are 5 things you should pack if you are taking a Florida vacation:
- Swimsuit. This should go without saying, but many people forget to pack it. Topping the list of what to pack for a Florida vacation should always be a swimsuit. There are many opportunities for enjoying the water, whether it is lounging at the pool, beach, hitting the springs, or having fun with a water sport.
- Hat. We love the sun, but too much of a good thing can make for a difficult time trying to sleep. The hat will come in handy when you are spending a lot of time outdoors, to keep your face from being burned.
- Flip flops. Everyone in Florida wears flip flops, especially when on vacation. They make it easy to walk down to the beach and just part of the lifestyle.
- Sunglasses. Again, it’s all about the sunshine in Florida. Do yourself a favor and pack sunglasses so you can relax without all the squinting.
- Light jacket. Believe it or not, evenings can get a little chilly on the beach. Bring a light jacket or long sleeve shirt if you will be spending time at the beach in the evening (and you will want to plan to do that, because it’s gorgeous then).
Granted, you can buy each of these items once you arrive at your destination. However, by doing so you may feel stressed and pay more. Rather than running around trying to find a swimsuit or flip flops, it is best to bring it along and have it ready. Then when you are out shopping if you happen to see another great pair of flip flops you would like to add to your collection you can just for the fun of it.
While there are those things you will want to make sure you pack for your Florida vacation, there are some things you don’t need to pack, too. When you stay at our New Smyrna Beach condo rental you will find that we stock the unit with the amenities that you need and that will help you enjoy your vacation more. From extra linens and beach chairs to kitchen tools, we have you covered. Simply bring your suitcase and enjoy. Our condo is steps from the ocean on a no drive area of the beach, which is hard to beat!