Whether you are visiting New Smyrna Beach or you live in the area, you may wonder what you can do to have some fun. The answer is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in New Smyrna Beach, if you want to stay busy. If you want to relax and do nothing, well, you can do that, too!
For those who ask what to do in New Smyrna Beach, the answer comes down to where your interests lie. The city offers plenty of unique dining options, outdoor activities, trendy shopping areas, art fun experiences, foodie events, and more. Whatever it is that you may be into, you are sure to find it in New Smyrna Beach.
Here are five fun things to do in New Smyrna Beach:
- Rent a condo on the beach. If you are visiting the area there is no better way to experience New Smyrna Beach than rent a beach front condo. You will be steps from the ocean, have everything you need, and can kick back and relax. If you live in the area, then it’s time to play tourist for a couple of nights and treat yourself to a staycation by renting a condo on the beach.
- Have a beach bonfire. The county offers fire rings on the beach free of charge. You do have to reserve it ahead of time. You can also take your own bonfire pit to the beach during the months of November through April (when it’s not turtle nesting season). There’s nothing like having an ocean front bonfire with friends and family.
- Watch a rocket launch. When the launches take place in Cape Canaveral you can get a great view of them right from the shore in New Smyrna Beach. Check out the launch schedule so you don’t miss seeing it.
- Take a hike. There are some nice places in the area where you can take a hike, including at the New Smyrna Beach Pedestrian Trail, Smyrna Dunes Park, Spruce Creek Preserve Lake Ashby, or Canaveral National Seashore.
- Do some Tai Chi on the beach. If you ever needed an inspirational place to get some light mindful exercise in it is hard to beat the beach. Tai Chi by the Sea offers weekly classes on the beach. They offer some beach drum circles, too.
When it comes to asking what to do in New Smyrna Beach, the list can go on and on. The city offers something for everyone. It’s a beach town, but it’s also artsy, fun, and laid back. Check out the availability on our condo to book your next stay!